Monday, February 21, 2011

Japanese Groping On Subway

Don't be perfect, be yourself

Yesterday [info] cineastabo tossed a link to wonderful post on perfectionism . There are interesting thoughts about prokrastinatsiyu and internal opposition mistakes of others and above all - their own. I too continue to discover a new facets of this "wonderful" qualities.
Just yesterday mocked because of perfectionism with a good friend. Because of the garbage, in fact. He asked me the lightest task, I had no doubt that will perform. As a result, has made little mistake in the beginning, because of what all flew to the nines. I was shocked, but so long and could not aloud to plead guilty, ashamed and uncomfortable, what I did I know of an error in the subject (and I tried!), so the remark responded sharply. This is despite the fact that I do not take criticism well, love learning and the brain already know what to make mistakes - it is so humanly, that we are not perfect, that if you have time to remake - this is just a way to make all the better. Mostly I exploded because of his position, because, as he put his claim. The words "wine" and "Error" is my box. On any language. One careless tone, and I came out of yourself. What to do - he is also a perfectionist. And like any perfectionist, he likes to whip up, making fly into an elephant. What happens in another perfectionist almost nerves breakdown. When two perfectionist, one of which is not worth the hierarchy over the other, it turns out the explosion, since none of them is on assignment. I almost did not send the first man swear words because of the bullshit! As a result, we swore, has not yet emerged on the topic of my past and while he did not admit that I tried, but still "poorly done its job." And what is actually nothing wrong did not happen. After that I repeated several times out loud - "I made a mistake the next time corrected" with difficulty forcing his voice does not tremble. Temporary relief ... We have long understood, reconciled, all rebuilt, but at the mere mention of these words me shakes as if from me at this point depended Life on Earth, and I'm all failed. I can admit that I did not have enough attention and some knowledge of where to qualitatively carry out the task, but I can not accept the fact that passed the job, thinking that everything was perfect, and suddenly so shamefully wrong! And other people noticed it and took to heart. Straight knife my heart is. And with prokrastinatsiey I am struggling with the work that simply can not delay, as it relates to the human factor as well as the time factor, which is flowing out - the best medicine has not yet been found.
In the post has a link to a book about perfectionism, written by two psychologists When Perfect Isn't Good Enough: Strategies for Coping With Perfectionism . I think I'll order it because it continues to believe that perfectionism - it's horrible of my problems.

0 comments:

Post a Comment